Direct import terms
Are international products different?
International products are brand new, genuine products. You may notice minor differences to the packaging when compared with products purchased locally.
What's the difference between direct import and ready to ship?
Direct Import - By cutting out the middleman, we also keep our inventory costs low and also able to sell more Genuine branded products (like BMW, Mercedes) for a significantly cheaper than local retailers. Compare our prices for yourself!
Ready to ship means we have the product stored locally in our warehouse and can dispatch with 48 hours of purchase.
Why are prices so low?
Being an online-only retailer allows us to cut unnecessary costs and keep costs down. We’re able to bypass agents, importers that are usually part of the retail process. By cutting out these expensive middlemen, we can pass the savings onto you, where they belong! It also means that we avoid the costs involved with running bricks and mortar stores, resulting in even bigger savings for you.
Will delivery take longer?
Yes, products generally take around 9 - 15 business days to be ordered directly from the importer. We also ensure a level of satisfaction to ensure the products you recieve are also inspected upon arrival before they're dispatched to you. Please review the product delivery time to ensure it meets your needs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If I order by direct import, do products come with a warranty?
Yes! All direct import products are backed by a 1 Year Warranty for total shopping confidence and peace of mind.
Will I have to pay additional GST?
The majority of our products incur no additional costs for duties or taxes - the prices on the website is the final price. In the rare instance additional duties are required, you will be notified before dispatch of the item.
- These terms and conditions of sale apply to goods marked as Direct Import Goods only. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the Standard Terms and utilise the same definitions. In the event of any inconsistency between these Direct Import Terms and the Standard Terms in relation to the sale of Direct Import Goods, these terms shall prevail.
- In this Agreement
Direct Import Goods means Products that are sourced directly from outside Australia and which are available through this website and which are specifically labelled as Direct Import goods on the Website;
Import Order means an order for Direct Import Goods;
Sales Agent means DB Deals Online Pty Ltd in its capacity as an Agent of a Supplier.
Supplier means the third party supplier of the product for the Direct Import Goods, who is a supplier located overseas which contracts with us to provide the Direct Import Goods. Any reference to a Supplier as defined in this clause is to be read as only relating to Direct Import Goods.
Taxes means value added taxes (including GST), all levies, imposts, charges and duties imposed by any authority and the cost of customs clearance in relation to Direct Import Goods.
“we”, “us” and “our” means MAUTOS Pty ltd.
"you" and "your"means anyone who uses the Website
- Use of the website or purchase of any Direct Import Goods means automatic acceptance of these Direct Import Terms and the Standard Terms.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this Agreement from time to time at our sole discretion.
- You provide us with permission to provide your order details, including all relevant details, to the Supplier, for the sole purpose of the Supplier shipping your order to you.
- Specifications of Direct Import Goods may differ from their local equivalents. Please check the product listing on the Site carefully.
- Orders placed by you for Direct Import Goods are offers to purchase particular products from the Supplier, under the terms and conditions in this Agreement at the price specified (excluding duties and taxes).
- To the extent permitted by law we reserve the right to accept or reject, on behalf of the Supplier, your offer to purchase goods for any reason (or no reason) including, but not limited to, the unavailability of any product, an error in the price or product description, or an error in your order.
- You must review your order carefully before placing it. Once an order is confirmed, you are unable to cancel it. If you have any problems with your order, then you must go through the normal returns process outlined in clause 10.
- In the event that the Supplier cancels or is unable to fulfil your order (including because a product has become unavailable or the Supplier ceases selling the product for any reason whatsoever), the Supplier, through us, will provide a full refund of any payment received by us on behalf of the Supplier. Except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), we or the Supplier will not be liable to you for any resulting loss such as you purchasing the product from another retailer at a higher price (including delivery and any other charges).
- You acknowledge and agree that when purchasing Direct Import Goods, we are the Selling Agent for the Supplier, and you are purchasing the goods from the Supplier through our website.
- Direct Import Goods are sold to you by the Supplier on a Delivered At Place (DAP) basis, in accordance with the Inco terms® 2010 terms. Risk of ownership and title in the goods passes to you on the date and time the Supplier places the Direct Import Goods at your disposal at your named place of delivery. The Supplier retains ownership of products you order through the Site until the products are placed at your disposal at the named place of destination.
- For All Direct Import goods, You will be recorded as the importer of the goods and will be the responsible party for any Taxes associated with the importation of Direct Import Goods, as well as, where applicable, compliance with any Australian standards or laws that may apply to the importation of such goods.
- You acknowledge and agree that we or the Supplier are not liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you incur as a result of your obligation to act as the importer of record for the Direct Import Goods.
- You acknowledge and agree that delivery of your Import Order is subject to satisfactory inspection and clearance of Direct Import Goods by customs authorities in Australia and any other relevant jurisdiction.
- If your Import Order arrives in Australia and the customs value is greater than the ‘low value import threshold’ (currently AUD$1,000, subject to change at any time), you may be required to lodge a Customs Import Declaration and pay the relevant Taxes. For further information, please consult the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service website at www.customs.gov.au.
- Direct Import Goods come directly from overseas and the Supplier will use all reasonable endeavours to meet stated timeframes.
- We endeavour to depict Direct Import Goods available for order using accurate images of the products. At times, however, products actually delivered may differ in appearance and packaging from their appearance in images and photographs on the Website.